This superfood salad mixes baby kale with turmeric-roasted squash, orange, toasted pumpkin seeds and a garlicky pounded parsley dressing.
- Start by preheating your oven to 400F
- Keeping the skin on, cut a Delicata squash lengthwise and scoop out and discard its seeds. Cut the squash into little rainbow shapes a 1/2 inch wide.
- Toss the pieces in olive oil to coat, along with a 1/2 teaspoon of ground turmeric, a big pinch of smoked paprika, and plenty of fine sea salt and lay them flat on a sheet pan.
- Roast in preheated oven about ten minutes until beginning to brown, flip and roast another ten minutes until tender. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Use Alice's Mortar & Pestle to pound a clove of garlic with a big pinch of coarse sea salt and a handful of parsley leaves until it forms a bright green paste. Add the juice of a lemon and half of its zest. Mix together. Set aside to macerate.
- Add half a cup of raw pumpkin seeds to a preheated cast iron pan and toast the seeds on medium heat until they begin to pop and grow fragrant. Remove from heat.
- Using a sharp knife, remove the skin and pith of an orange and slice it crosswise into perfect rounds about 1/4 inch thick. Slice these into half circles.
- Vigorously whisk 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil into the parsley-garlic-lemon mixture and taste for acid balance and salt. Correct if necessary. It should be bright and pungent.
- Add a couple big handfuls of baby kale to Alice's Salad Bowl. Lay the squash and oranges over the kale, drizzle parsley dressing overtop and toss till well-coated. Sprinkle with pumpkin seeds and serve!