S T U D I O M A N A G E R
Permanent Collection is a line of objects and accessories based on historical and contemporary originals, offering timeless design pieces for a modern lifestyle. We are a small, distributed team working out of our sunlit Berkeley studio space and from Los Angeles.
We are looking for a motivated, experienced, and professional candidate to fulfill our new Studio Manager role. The ideal candidate will have excellent customer service communication skills, organizational skills, and experience working in order fulfillment. This is a great role for someone who enjoys a studio environment, working with incredible products, and producing a unique experience for the customer.
This role will report to the Production Manager and Director of Operations and will be responsible for customer service, fulfilling orders, completing shipping and receiving tasks, managing studio housekeeping, and maintaining company and brand standards.
We are also open to expanding this role to a Studio and Social Media Manager role. We are happy to meet with candidates who have experience with social media (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter) and have interest in helping us develop our social media presence and strategy.
Key Areas of Responsibilities Include:
Order Fullfilment and Studio Operations
- Complete order fulfillment process on Shopify
- Complete returns and exchanges
- Complete packing and shipping of orders in time for courier’s pickup arrival
- Ensure product is packaged to brand standards to achieve a unique unpacking experience
- Ensure product is packaged to arrive safely to customer
- Complete monthly Inventory of product with weekly spot checks and communicate to Production Manager
- Complete regular inventory of studio supplies
- Regularly communicate updates, needs, and concerns to Production Manager and Director of Operations
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement with a commitment to quality, cost effectiveness and organizational strategies
- Customer service inbox management, responding to customers promptly and meeting customer needs
- Customer service management on social accounts, responding to customers promptly and meeting customer needs
- Ensure communication is always aligned with Permanent Collection’s brand voice
- Communication to Production Manager and Director of Operations for any escalated customer service issues
Shipping and Receiving
- Receive any delivered shipments and unpack contents
- Responsible for quality control of all products delivered
- Ensure product is stored safely
- Pack and ship any deliveries for internal operations
- Collaborate with Production Manager and Studio Manager on continued improvement for storage and use of Studio space
- Complete all end of day housekeeping tasks
- Maintain product storage standards
- Maintain packaging storage standards
- Maintain stationary storage standards
- Participate in housekeeping needs for communal areas
- Minimum 1 year experience with E-Commerce order fulfillment or Retail Customer Service with POS operations
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Able to manage time and work independently
- Enjoys working with high quality wrapping materials
- Comfortable working in studio environment with physical tasks
- Comfortable with lifting heavy boxes and handling packing materials
- Comfortable with frequently walking up and down a flight of stairs with boxes
- Comfortable with handling delicate materials such as glass and ceramics
- Google Suite
The position requires a minimum of 12 hours of work per week on a flexible basis. The candidate needs to be based in the Bay Area and available to commute to our Berkeley studio at least 2 days per week.
Compensation starts at $20/hr and will be determined based on the candidate's experience and determined responsibilities. We also offer a shared discount program with some of our brand partners.
If you are interested in growing with Permanent Collection, please send us a resume and cover letter letting us know why you’d like to join our team!